Disney Channels New Zealand and Australia Open Call Finalists:
The five finalists were chosen based on a three-minute audition video featuring an introduction and performance of a scene from the show. They are (in alphabetical order):
• Tori Bailey, Gold Coast, age 15
• Jami Kerrigan, Auckland, age 11
• Ronn Kurtz, Melbourne, age 14
• Vicki Neal, Gold Coast, age 16
• Hayley Wilmshurst, Auckland, age 15
Through to June 6, fans will be able to visit the Disney Channel website (www.disneychannel.co.nz) to view the online auditions and select their favourite finalists. To help fans make their choice, video of the five finalists from an acting workshop at the National Institute of Dramatic Arts (NIDA) in Sydney will air on Disney Channel later this month. The finalists spent the past weekend studying acting under the tutelage of NIDA-certified instructors and attended a formal casting.
Disney Channel is currently conducting a talent search across Australia and New Zealand looking to find the next Disney Channel Star to join the cast of the hit ASTRA Award-winning and Logie-nominated Disney Australia series 'As the Bell Rings'. You can submit an audition video to the show's casting director and producers to be considered.
Talent Search Details
● You must be between the age of 8 to 18 years old and an Australian or New Zealand citizen or permanent resident.
● If selected as a finalist you must be available to attend a workshop and formal casting in Sydney, NSW, Australia on Saturday, May 8, 2010 and Sunday, May 9, 2010.
● You must be available to begin pre-production and production on 'As the Bell Rings Series 4' in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia Monday, June 21, 2010 – Sunday, July 11, 2010.
● Entries for the competition close on Sunday, April 25, 2010.
● Film an audition no longer than 3 minutes in duration telling a little bit about yourself - name, where you live, what your interests are, any unique talents, etc. Click Here to download the Video Audition Tips and Hints form.
● If you can sing, dance, play an instrument or do anything else which is uniquely you, make sure you include that info.
● Download the Audition Script, choose one of the scenes for your audition and make your video. Click Here to download the audition scripts.
● Download and complete the Release Form which you’ll need to submit along with your audition. Click Here to download the release form.
Submit your audition video to the following:
Disney Channel’s Casting Call
PO Box 7102
McMahons Point, NSW 2060
Disney Channel will review all of the auditions and select 5 finalists. The 5 finalists will be announced on Disney Channel Australia at 5.30pm on Monday, May 10 2010.
Click Here to read the Terms and Conditions.
Do NOT send photos and resumes to the production companies (they will most likely end up in the trash can), they do not cast the films. They hire casting directors who sort through the thousands of submissions.
Disney Channel UK
Building 12 2nd Floor
566 Chiswick High Road
1 Deer Park Rd.
Principal Actor Casting (Australia):
See the post titled Headshot and Resume Information regarding how to submit for acting roles.
Please submit photos and resumes by mail only.
No phone calls or personal drop-offs.
To submit for 'As the Bell Rings' after the talent search deadline, send your photo and resume to the following:
226 Liverpool Street
Sydney, NSW 2010
'As the Bell Rings' focuses on the break time antics of the 6 key characters. The action takes place in a school corridor, just outside the head teacher's office and the window into their world is literally the window of the school building. The stars of 'As the Bell rings' use their break time to come up various schemes from winning a date with the prettiest girl in school to trying to captain every school club or team.