Alloy Entertainment and Coin Flip Productions are teaming up with Disney Channel on the upcoming TV movie "Frenemies," which will begin principal photography on April 9, 2011 in Toronto, Ontario. Casting calls have gone out in Los Angeles for all of the films starring roles. Supporting roles, day players, extras and stand-ins will all be cast as production moves forward.
Bob Levy and Leslie Morgenstein will oversee production for Alloy Entertainment. Jonathan Hackett will co-produce. Hacket is an award-winning producer who has worked on several Disney Channel productions including the recently completed Ashley Tisdale starring vehicle "Sharpay's Fabulous Adventure," "Harriet the Spy: Blog Wars," and "Aaron Stone".
Coin Flip Productions Ltd, the company that brought you Camp Rock 2 starring the Jonas Brothers and Demi Lovato, have opened a production office in Toronto. Coin Flip Productions Ltd is a company that came into existence for the Camp Rock films shot in Toronto. It was originally named Summer Camp Productions Ltd, but was changed to Coin Flip Productions Ltd on February 2, 2009 according to the Industry Canada Government website. The company name change was presumably and understandably made to deter the hoards of Jonas Brothers fans from invading the film sets and shooting locations.
"Frenemies" is a film that has triple storylines that intersect at various points during the film.
The following are some of the types currently being cast for starring roles:
(Any ethnicity can submit for all roles, all should have good comedy skills)
• Female, 13-16, to play 15yo twins, a tomboy and an upscale silver spoon type.
• Male, 13-17 years of age, to play 15. Attractive yuppie, but pompous. Surrounded by nitwitted buddies.
• Male, 13-17 years of age, to play 15. Good looking, sensible, charming, charismatic.
• Male, 16-18 years of age to play 17. HS Senior, well-known, spirited, amiable son.
• Female, 13-17 years of age, to play 15. Will play dual roles as twins.
• Female, 13-17 years of age, to play 15. True natural beauty. Fashion enthusiast.
• Female, 13-17 years of age, to play 15. Bright and talented writer.
• Female, 13-17 years of age, to play 15. Gorgeous, popular, mesmerizes boys easily.
• Female, mid-late 20's, character is actually older but lies about her age, overbearing, gorgeous fashionista, mean spirited.
• Male, mid-late 20's, French rocker type, likable, outgoing.
The above lead roles require the actors to posses a current valid United States Passport, as the actors will be cast in Los Angeles and flown to Toronto, Canada for the duration of filming. The film's extras, stand-ins and photo doubles will be cast just prior to the start of principal photography and continue throughout the end of filming on May 16, 2011.
Principal Actor Casting
See the post titled Headshot and Resume Information regarding how to submit for acting roles.
Please submit photos and resumes by mail only.
No phone calls or personal drop-offs.
c/o Los Angeles Center Studios
1201 West 5th Street
Los Angeles, CA 90017
You must register with an agent that represents extras in Toronto. Click Here to download a list of agencies that represent and book extras in Toronto.
Do NOT send photos and resumes to the production companies, as they will most likely end up being thrown away. They do not cast the films, rather they hire casting directors who sort through the thousands of submissions.
3800 W. Alameda Avenue
Burbank, CA 91505
6300 Wilshire Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90048
Coin Flip Productions LTD
65 Heward Avenue
Toronto ON M4M 2T5
To Be Cast
A group of 15 year old kids learn some truths about friendships, such as whom to trust, whom to stay away from, and most importantly, whom to forgive. The story follows two teen girls, Savannah, a skateboarding tomboy who grew up in a hectic family of four brothers, and Devin who is a feminine rich girl that grew up in a silver-spoon privileged family and attends the prestigious Ligget Academy. It turns out that the two girls are twins who were separated at birth. The girls make a decision to switch lives for a week and walk a mile in each others shoes!